Press Release Feed
Announcing the all New Stacksbowers.com and Integrated IOS Mobile and Tablet Apps
Author: Stack's Bowers Galleries
Tuesday, March 08, 2016
SANTA ANA, CA. (March 8, 2016) —Stack's Bowers Galleries is pleased to announce that beginning March 8, 2016, its clients will be able to access its entirely new, integrated technology platform including website and iOS mobile and tablet apps.
"Worldwide, our clients have been increasingly engaging with us online, particularly on their mobile devices," said Brian Kendrella, president of Stack's Bowers Galleries. "Several months ago we enlisted Auction Mobility, the leading auction house technology provider, to build us an integrated auction platform for both web and mobile. Our new platform offers a superior user experience and is extremely fast and intuitive. Furthermore, the new platform is completely integrated, meaning that your interaction and experience will be the same regardless of if you are accessing our auctions from your home computer or mobile device. Combined with our already leading numismatic expertise, we believe the launch of our new platform further establishes us as the leading numismatic auctioneer worldwide."
"Auction Mobility's clients comprise of some of the world's leading auction houses. We are excited to be able to add Stack's Bowers Galleries to our list of clients and are providing them our most advanced, complete and customized platform yet," said Jeremy Paradise, founder and CEO of Auction Mobility.
A quick breakdown of the features available today on Stack's Bowers Galleries' new integrated web, mobile and tablet properties include:
* New iBid Live technology: An enhanced live online bidding experience allows you to bid from anywhere in the world, in real time, and stream live audio and video from your computer or mobile device.
* View past sales results: Redesigned auction archives feature improved keyword as well as structured search functionality. Today the archives consist of over 200,000 past prices realized. Over the coming months Stack's Bowers will continue to add to the auction archive, eventually including past Bowers and Merena, Stack's, American Numismatic Rarities and Teletrade auction records.
* New proxy bid functionality, enabled 24 hours prior to the auction session: Proxy bidding allows you to enter bids that will be executed live when that auction lot crosses the block.
* Customizable search features using various filters: Increased key word and structured search functionality helps you find the items you are interested in quickly and easily, including denomination, type, country, grade, grading service, reserve status, etc.
"We have a number of additional features that are expected to be released shortly. These include price guides, population reports, and recent Stack's Bowers Galleries auction results information available on each lot listing page; a new Wantlist feature; and Android mobile and tablet apps, among many other planned additions," continued Mr. Kendrella. "I invite everyone to visit our new website and download our new iOS apps and encourage client feedback sent directly to me at [email protected]."
- About Stack's Bowers Galleries
Stack's Bowers Galleries conducts live, Internet and specialized auctions of rare U.S. and world coins and currency and ancient coins, as well as direct sales through retail and wholesale channels. The company's 80-year legacy includes the cataloging and sale of many of the most valuable United States coin and currency collections to ever cross an auction block —The D. Brent Pogue Collection, The John J. Ford, Jr. Collection, The Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr. Collection, The Harry W. Bass, Jr. Collection, The Norweb Collection, The Cardinal Collection and The Battle Born Collection — to name just a few. World coin and currency collections include The Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr. Collection of World Gold Coins, The Kroisos Collection, The Alicia and Sidney Belzberg Collection, The Wa She Wong Collection, The Guia Collection, The Thos. H. Law Collection, and The Robert O. Ebert Collection.
Topping off this amazing numismatic history is the inclusion of the world record for the highest price ever realized at auction for a rare coin, the 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar graded Specimen-66 (PCGS) that realized over $10 million, part of their sale of the famed Cardinal Collection. The company is headquartered in Santa Ana, California, with offices in New York, Wolfeboro, Hong Kong, and Paris. Stack's Bowers Galleries is an Official Auctioneer for several important numismatic conventions, including American Numismatic Association events, the New York International Numismatic Convention, the Professional Numismatists Guild New York Invitational, the Whitman Coin & Collectibles Spring, Summer and Winter Expos, and its April, August and December Hong Kong Auctions.